Utility Warehouse Mini – Is It Achieveable?
Utility Warehouse Mini
If you are reading this, you may have seen Utility Warehouse minis on the road. These are white BMW Mini cars, subtly adorned with pink pigs and other brightly coloured graphics. This includes the phone number of the Distributor whose car it is. Alternatively, you may be considering signing up as a Utility Warehouse Distributor yourself. If so, the information pack contains many success stories of Distributors who have qualified for their Utility Warehouse Mini and you may be wondering what the requirements are to qualify. This article aims to answers this and other commonly asked questions relating to Utility Warehouse minis.
Why Would You Want One?
The first time most people see a Utility Warehouse mini, they are often surprised. It is fair to say that the logos and graphics on the cars are very apparent. The thought of driving down the road in such a brightly decorated vehicle is understandably daunting for some people. Personally, my initial reaction to the Utility Warehouse mini of my sponsor Sarah Riley was, “nice for her, not for me”.
However, having been a Utility Warehouse Distributor for five years now has given me a different perspective. Here are some of the benefits of being a Utility Warehouse mini owner:
- Visibility. Everyone who sees you in the car knows what you do. This is great because all of those people who you haven’t yet got around to offering The Utility Warehouse business opportunity to, will see it and may be compelled to approach you. Also, complete strangers will approach you and ask to sign up – it regularly happens to me.
- Credibility. Your existing customers and new prospects will realise that you mean business. You are clearly successful and serious about your Utility Warehouse business if you are a mini owner.
- Belief. Every day when you get in your Utility Warehouse mini, you will be reminded that you are successful. You have achieved a huge milestone in the building of your Utility Warehouse business. It is the difference between having the belief and motivation to make that extra phone call or to go on that extra appointment. This is a massively underestimated benefit.
- Win a Mini Events. A great way to recruit new Distributors and to gather new customers is to run a win a mini event. This is a competition where every year a member of the public – not necessarily a Utility Warehouse customer, gets the chance to win a brand new BMW mini one – with no pink pigs! By having your own Utility Warehouse mini at a WAM event, you are much more likely to attract people to enquire about the benefits of becoming a customer or a Distributor.
Here is a video of last year’s draw where Chief Executive Charles Wigoder picked the winning ticket from more than 300,000 entries:
Key Facts About Utility Warehouse Minis
(correct as of 13th November 2014 & subject to change)
- There are strict qualification criteria:
- You must have received £175 ongoing commission per month on average for the past 3 months prior to applying.
- You must gather at least 4 “Gold Status” customers (any customer who takes at least telephone & broadband) in the calendar month proeceeding your application.
- You must have achieved at least Team Leader status (very straightforward and entirely achievable within a few months – the record is 2 weeks)
- There are just over 600 Utility Warehouse minis on the road
- You can upgrade from the basic Mini One – and many Distributors do exactly that. You must pay the full cost of the upgrade at the time of application and this can be done with credit or debit card (there is a small surchage for credit card upgrades).
- All servicing is included for the first 5 years, up to 60,000 miles
- BMW breakdown cover is included for the first 5 years
- There is a Utility Warehouse mini owners club uwminiownersclub.co.uk which includes trips and rallys – all entirely optional.
- The mini is subsidised by Utility Warehouse head office and is effectively an interest free HP loan with no credit rating requirements
- Utility Warehouse pay extra commission bonuses for basic activity (gathering gold status customers and recruiting Distributors) for the first 5 years that you own the car for.
- It is, in theory, possible to qualify for the mini and pay nothing for the 5 year duration of the HP agreement. In practise this rarely happens. However, it can be heavily subsidised with the right level of activity.
- There is a final payment requirement at the end of the 5 years as is the case with many HP car agreements.
My Utility Warehouse Mini
On 11th July 2014, I attended Utility Warehouse Network HQ in west London and picked up the keys for my brand new Utility Warehouse mini from director Wayne Coupland. It was a day that I had been working towards for five years and ultimately was everything that I had imagined. I have been benefiting from this fantastic car ever since.
Want to know more? Would you like your own Utility Warehouse mini? Leave me a comment in the section below, I read them all!Utility Warehouse Mini - Is It Achieveable? by Jonathan Hamilton