The Utility Warehouse Win a Mini events are well known throughout the company as effective ways of gathering new customers. I often get asked “How are you supposed to find new customers / leads as a new Utility Warehouse distributor?” My answer is always the same:
- Start with your friends and family to practise on.
- Win a Mini Events
- Continue with referrals
You can find out more about BNI in this blog post. Here we are going to focus on Utility Warehouse Win a Mini events.
Utility Warehouse Win a Mini: The Basics
Utility Warehouse run a prize draw once a year at the companies big annual conference known as “Express Day”. This event is run over a weekend and features speakers to inspire and motivate, key company announcements and a keynote speaker who will focus on a particular theme. Some previous speakers have included Chris Gardner (upon whom the film “The Pursuit of Happyness” was based) and Darren Hardy. On the Sunday towards the end, Charles Wigoder the Chief Executive draws the winner randomly from all those that are received throughout the course of the year.
Partners that wish to use The Utility Warehouse Win a mini as a means for gathering leads for potential customers can buy a supply of competition entry forms direct from Utility Warehouse through the online Partner only system called “The Partner Portal”. There are a few other materials that are often helpful for running an effective and credible event.
Utility Warehouse Win a Mini – Materials Needed
- A trestle table that collapses is essential unless the venue where you are running your event supplies them. An old wallpaper pasting table is fine because it will be covered over by a..
- Utility Warehouse Win a Mini tablecloth – also available direct from Utility Warehouse via the online “Partner Portal”.
- Pens – to fill in the application forms! Ideally branded Utility Warehouse ones. You do get a small supply in you welcome pack as a new distributor. Alternatively you can buy additional pens via, you’ve guessed it: the online “Partner Portal”.
- Clipboards. A5 clipboards are ideal for the entry forms. It is best to have at least 2 so that more people can be filling in the form while they que during busy periods.
- A4 laminated information leaflet with A4 clipboard. Available direct from Utility Warehouse.
- Water bowl for dogs + water
- Sweets & a bowl for children if you choose to have this option
- Various Utility Warehouse information leaflets. Samples of the key ones will be sent to you with your Partner welcome pack. You can order more direct.
- A gazebo. Good for sheltering from the rain and sun! Get a cheap one from Argos each year – works out cheaper than buying an expensive one and then having to replace it when an item gets broken.
- Water weights for the gazebo. This really saved me when we did a Utility Warehouse Win a Mini event and there was a really fierce wind. They are available from Amazon.
- Deck chairs. Browsers seem to feel less intimidated about approaching if you are seated, and there will be long, quiet spells, so bring something to sit on.
- Branded Utility Warehouse clothing – shirt, fleece, raincoat are all available if you want to go the extra mile.
- If you or your upline has a Utility Warehouse Win a Mini, that could be helpful for branding / credibility: http://pinkpiggy.biz/utility-warehouse-mini
Utility Warehouse Win a Mini Events – Where to Run / Book
The best places to run Win a Mini events is at small, local fairs, fetes etc. Car boot sales can work too but tend to be less successful.
Some distributors have had success with having stalls in shopping centres etc. personally I stay away as such pitches tend to be very expensive and are rarely worth the expense.
Utility Warehouse Win a Mini Events – Training
Utility Warehouse offer professional training on how to get the most from a Win a Mini event. This includes a series of online videos and a classroom session as well. Personally, I completed the online training and asked my upline Sarah to help me run a couple of events before I started to run solo. It’s also a good idea to team up with other local Partners – even if they aren’t in your team, as long as you all get on well and agree up front the guidelines for the event.
Here are some snaps of events that I was running a Utility Warehouse Win a Mini competition stall at in 2017. As you can see, we sometimes get some unexpected visitors 😉